Header Ad Banner

Sunday, January 3, 2010

A New Year, A New Set of Goals...

As some of you know, I have a LOT going on here. I'm an Army Mom, which I'd not change for the world. I'm also the Vice President of the Tampa Bay chapter of Blue Star Mothers of America and I two very active competitive gymnasts at home still. I also homeschool. I run my own design/development studio and I have a small farm. I'm sure I've forgotten something here, but it's obviously not all that important right now.

An amazing woman I know posted a saying a few weeks back (thanks Greta!):

Give 110%,
Make a difference,
Expect nothing in return and
if you piss someone off
along the way,
it is their problem.

That got me thinking about everything I do more than I would have expected.

I can't give anything even 10% at the current pace I'm setting. I want to give my all to too many things so I've decided to focus on a few projects that are extremely important to me and the others will be set free to grow on their own, with someone else's help or to just cease to exist. I give the decision to the Universe, though. That's not mine to make.

This year I will:

Make sure my girls have all they need to be the best gymnasts they can be, as long as they enjoy doing it.

Support our troops by focusing on Freedom Excursions and the amazing benefits they provide to our troops and their families.

Be sure to have some sort of regular contact with horses. This might seem odd, but OMG!! I'm dying inside without horses around me. I'm sure this one will work itself out, as I'm not sure where it will fit in to the other items. But it WILL fit in.

ok, those are my basic goals, subject to additions later...

:-)

I hope everyone has had a great holiday and are rested up and ready to live their lives to the fullest. If the military has taught me anything, it has taught me to enjoy the moments you have with your loved ones and doing what you love, because you never know when the next one might be, if it happens at all.

Take care all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment