Header Ad Banner

Friday, August 31, 2012

Another deployment over with.

Mike is back from his last deployment.  It happened way faster than I expected.  He actually came home a week earlier than I expected so I never even got to get into a real "final countdown" mode.  I don't care.  I'm just glad he's back in the United States.

He told me it was a vacation and he was right.  All the pics he showed me looked like he was working (ok, some playing too) but they didn't have that same stress factor in their faces.  Not like the Iraq pics where they were tired and worn out and just waiting for something to happen.  

And...now he is talking about the next deployment already.  This is the big one.  The one I will be terrified of the entire time he's gone.  Having to look at my living room wall, our memorial to James, will make this really hard to bear.  But, someone has to do it, right?  Someone has to stand up and do what's right. 

Before I get myself distracted from work, I'll let this go for now.  I'm sure I'll have plenty to say about it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment